Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Bernhardt Family Christmas

We were very excited to welcome my parents here for a couple of days to celebrate Christmas. They were planning a vacation during the holidays, so we weren't sure if they would make it our way, but they did! YA! A quick trip, but it was really good to see them.

We had a great time opening their gifts. Their big gift will come in the form of a family trip (our family, my sister, her husband and my parents) in March. We can't wait!She brought some fun things for the kids. They brought ornaments or each of the kids' trees from their recent trip to Chicago. Xander got some new books (which he is continually asking if we can read) and cool race cars that can fit on his train tracks. The girls got a CD that reads "Where the Sidewalk Ends" (I love Shel Silverstein books) some new notebooks. They also recieved these very cool tune tubes. Each tube is a different note, so playing them (and watching the kids play them) is very entertaining!!

Craig was given some wonderful warm items - a hat, a neck warmer and thick socks. I received a beautiful necklace that I know will get lots of wear!
They also brought gifts from my sister and brother in law. They sent some classic cartoons DVDs. We can't wait to break them out - we're not sure if they were really for the kids or more for us (specifically, Craig). They also sent a fun face matching memory game. Each child pictured is from a different country, so it's fun to try and not only match the faces, but try and remember the country the child represents. Craig received some wonderful workout socks and a gift card to Blockbuster. I got a wonderfully cozy matching set of pants and jacket. Thank you so much for all the perfect gifts!!! We love them all.


I love giving gifts. I enjoy trying to find things that I think people would truly like and enjoy. I loved the gifts that we gave my parents, Craig's parents and Ashley and Jeff. I loved the gift we gave my parents so much that I decided we need to get one for our own house. I had looked at having a picture painted for them of the kids, but the cost was just a tad over my budget. So I went online and came across http://www.photosprintedoncanvas.com/. Here's the final product:

(This picture doesn't really does it justice. I loved it!!)

We also gave Jeff and Ashley pictures of the kids. They had requested close-ups of the kids for their wall and I had fun picking out just the rights poses.


It was a short trip, but we are so thankful that my parents were able to come down. We look forward to our next visit with them!!

0 comments: