Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Santa Pictures

It is a tradition in my family to have your picture taken with Santa every year. There is a picture of my sister and/or I every year from 1974 (when I was born). Yes, that includes through high school. (And can I say how embarrassing it is to sit on Santa's lap as a freshman in high school when you find out that you go to high school with the guy playing Santa? And yes, he knows you.) Anyway, I digress. It's a family tradition. It has been fun to look back at all the Santa pictures we have amassed over the past 35 years.


Santa and me in 1974

We were at the mall for Christmas pictures with The Picture People. I had thought about having a picture with Santa taken at the same time with the mall Santa, but then I saw the line. The amazing, crazy, wildly long line. Since Craig was working, it would mean me standing in line with the kids on my own. I was not up for that. With some help from Craig, I found out that Whole Foods had Santa and his reindeer. So, we decided to head that way. It was a great decision!!!

We pulled up and saw all of one family in line. By the time we made it to Santa, we walked right up to him. It was perfect. Another bonus ~ we could take the pictures we wanted for free.


An added bonus is that we got to see the reindeer. It was so cute - Kalyn called each of them by name and then said, "Where's Rudolph?" Too funny! It was so nice that there were so few families there so we got to stay as long as we wanted watching the reindeer. Well, we got to stay until Trinity got too cold. The kids even got their own reindeer "hats" on our way out.
What a great Christmas afternoon.

0 comments: