Wednesday, September 24, 2008

SYATP

During the week, our day usually includes us walking out the door at 7 AM to meet the bus down the street to send Trinity off to first grade. Today, our day meant us getting out of our car at 7 AM at her school. Today was a special day, a meaningful day, a day to encourage Trinity in her spiritual journey. Today was See You At The Pole.


See You At The Pole (or lovingly called syatp) is a national event that encourages students to meet at their school's flagpole to pray over their school, teachers, students and administrations. Since we have worked with the youth at our church for a dozen years, we have had plenty of history encouraging our students to attend their own school's syatp event. Well, this year, I had quite a dilemma - do take Trinity to do her own syatp? After a bit of prayer and thought, I decided that the answer was, "yes."


So, this morning she and I stood in front of her flagpole and prayed. It was dark, it was cool and it was just us, but we prayed. It was a day I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this story. It makes my heart happy.

Jen Smathers said...

What a great idea! I SO wish I had thought of doing that with Morgan.