Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Our Adventures

We have had a great time since our last post. It's included MOPS, the Yellow Daisy Festival, a day at the lake and a fun trip to the park, just to give you a brief summary. Now for the fun details!


Friday brought a great kick-off to our year of MOPS. As I've mentioned, I am was very excited to meet my table-mates (since I only knew 1 of the 6 other women that would be at my table). During our time to meet and greet each other, I found out that I sent to Auburn with one of "my girls". About half-way through the time, she looked at me and said that I looked very familiar to her. (Unfortunately, I couldn't say the same thing.) So, we began the "where-do-I-know-you-from" game. MOPS last year? No. Any summer MOPS outings? No. Then she asked where I went to school. Proudly answering Auburn, she quickly responded with, "That's it." Turned out, she was a freshman the year that I was the "leader" of TNT (our campus ministry worship time) - I would get up in front of the Baptist Campus Ministry each week and lead prayer time, introduce the speaker and keep the worship time flowing. (So, it was a bit understandable why she knew me and I didn't remember her.) All that to say, we had a great meeting. I'm already looking forward to the next one in a week and a half!

Friday also brought one of my favorite annual events - the Yellow Daisy Festival at Stone Mountain. It's a huge festival filled with tons of artists and all around creative people. I've picked up tons of Christmas gifts and general goodies here. After MOPS, my friend Jen and I dropped our children off with our respective spouses and hopped in the car. This year, I went with a purpose to get a specific gift for my sister and her husband as a multiple-celebration gift. I had seen this item here in years past. However, it was not to be found. So sad. But I have other options at finding it, so hopefully I won't have to give up on my idea. I was able to get our family Christmas ornament and a few scriptures for our house. All in all, it was a great time of hanging out with Jen and enjoying some creative shopping!

Saturday was so much fun!! A bit of background - each year, our church holds an auction, not for things, but for opportunities for fellowship, as a fundraiser for missions. This year's auction brought in almost $30,000 - which we were all very excited to contribute toward. Our (former) Sunday school class teacher, bought a day at a lake house of another couple in the church for our entire class. It included time out on the boat, swimming in the lake, a delicious cookout and a great chance to fellowship! Since we don't spend each Sunday with the class anymore, it was a great time to catch up with everyone!! Kalyn jumped right into the lake - well, she quickly went down the stairs. With her float on, she was a fish - swimming right along with the kids 4 years older than her. Trinity was a little more reserved. But eventually (once she really trusted her float) she got in and was having a blast with everyone else. The girls and I even got to enjoy time on the tube behind the boat. I was so proud of them - they kept wanting the boat to go faster and got it up to it's top speed!



Our family on the boat!

Kalyn would be the little head farthest out!

Fun on the Tube!!

Our fearless boat driver - Chris!!

Monday was another fun day - in a new way. With Kalyn at preschool and Trinity at elementary school, I really got my first time to enjoy Xander (I don't think running errands counted as a fun day last week). We met one of our friends, Cacee, and her son Asher at a nearby park for some play time and a picnic lunch. It was so different to only have to keep track of one child! I think he's starting to get used to this one-on-one time.



It's been a great week with more fun to come! Check in next time when I get to blog about the free outdoor concert I'm hitting tomorrow!

0 comments: