Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Trinity's Slumber Party

On Friday, Trinity headed off to her first slumber party. It hasn't been that I've kept her out of slumber parties, the opportunity just hadn't come up. She has spent the night at her grandparents' homes, but this was the first time at a friend's house. She was really looking forward to her night at Kara's house.


Kalyn was just a bit sad that she could not be a part of the party. We've been trying to teach our children that we are not here to make sure that everything is equal for them. But we did take Xander and Kalyn out to dinner to the grand place of Burger King to let them have fun on the playarea. They had a great time climbing and sliding together. Poor Xander is just not quite tall enough to do all the climbing though. It doesn't slow him down too much though.



The next morning, we got a call at 8 AM from Kara's mom. Trinity was complaining of a stomachache and an earache. Knowing that sometimes Trinity has a flair for the dramatic, I decided not to stress too much, but just simply go pick her up. We got her in the car and I could tell she just wasn't herself. I began asking her about the party, partly to take her mind off of her pain. She told me that they had eaten pizza, birthday cake and popcorn. I asked her a little bit more about the party and then she looked at me through the rear-view mirror and said, "Mom, I just don't want to talk." I knew that she was really sick then.

We arrived home and put her to sleep. She slept for about three hours and was feeling fine by the end of the day. I think it was just a combo of late night goodies and simply a late night. Nothing major. I believe that she still had a great time and has already asked if she can have a slumber party for her birthday (in February).

0 comments: