Monday, July 6, 2009

Boomerang Express: It All Comes Back To Jesus

"God's love was revealed among us in this way: God sent His One and Only Son into the world so that we might live through Him." ~ 1 John 4:9

I love the week of VBS!!! Yes, it's a lot of work. Yes, it's very tiring. Yes, it is all worth it. This year, I taught one of the completed first grade classes. No, Trinity was not in my class (for my safety and hers). I had a great group of kids though. I love the opportunity to teach them Biblical stories and the love that Jesus has for them. This year, we taught the kids about Peter. It was amazing how much they remembered throughout the week - the stories, the verses, the catch phrases for each day. I had anywhere from 12-17 kids each day and I had a blast with them.


Our class rotated between class time, missions, recreation, crafts, snack and music.


Trinity was one of the singers who lead the songs throughout the week.


Craig was our worship leader and morning kick-off guy - he kicked off each morning with great entertainment!!

Each day had a theme - this day was wacky day (my personal favorite).

We even got to celebrate our fearless leader, Ginger's birthday during the week (as well as her mom's - our VBS guru).


Thursday night was our Family Night. Each class (or group of classes) got up to sing to the parents. Then we finished the night with some yummy ice cream. Unfortunately, we decided not to stick around for the inflatables, which caused much disappointment on the way home.



The week was great!!! I'm already looking forward to next year's Saddle Ridge Ranch. (If you have any western-type stuff, just set it aside for me.)

0 comments: