Friday, July 17, 2009

Birthday!!

Friday, the 10th, was my 35th birthday. Even a week later, I'm still not too sure how I feel about 35. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to feel about 35. I've never really been too impacted by my age. I simply do what I want, no matter my age. I had thought I wanted to go sky diving for my 35th, but maybe that will have to wait a year. (I still want to do it sometime.) I had told Craig that I wanted a party. After reading my blogs, you should know how special my friends are to me and how much I truly treasure the time I have with them. That was our big plan for our weekend. However, Trinity asked me what we were doing for my actual birthday. So, we had an awesome family birthday day.

It began with Craig bringing me breakfast in bed right after I finished my devotion time. He also had the girls singing with him as he brought it in. Trinity had made a card for me. Kalyn wished me a happy birthday and then slyly began looking around the room from something to give me as a gift. It was very cute to watch her eyes travel across my dresser and find a pretty trinket and give it to me. When Xander woke up (more appropriately as Craig woke Xander up), he walked in, still rubbing his eyes and mumbled out "happy birfday mommy." Too cute!!

We met a few of my MOPS friends at the mall playground for a fun and relaxing playdate. Trinity was actually very concerned that she was too tall for the playarea, but I told her that as long as she wasn't too wild or it wasn't too crowded, she would be okay. The kids had a blast running around with their friends and with each other.

Then, we travelled to Chick-Fil-A for lunch. It was not just a normal day for Chick-Fil-A. It was cow appreciation day. Now, I must pause and I say I wasn't sure how I felt about Cow Appreciation Day and my birthday coinciding, but I dealt with it. Here's the bottom line - if you dressed up like a cow, you got a free meal. One thing about my family, we are always looking for deals, so we were on this one like . . . . well, spots on a cow. The kids had decorated their cow shirts that morning, we had ears, tails and our "Eat More Chikin" signs. And for our efforts, we got five free meals. (Craig met up with us.) Now, remember, we are cheap when it comes to eating out. We bring drinks for our kids and most of the time, we simply buy one adult meal and split it up among the kids. So, when I handed Trinity her own bag, she looked at me with wide eyes and said, "Is this all for me?"

Creating the cow costumes




That afternoon, we headed to the gym for a workout and a swim. Nothing like running a treadmill 5K to celebrate the downturn to 40 (ugh). A great time was had at Lifetime!! Since we got such a deal for lunch, we decided to do the same for dinner (different Chick-Fil-A). Another set of free meals. Plus, we took the kids' toys and turned them in for free kids' ice cream. We are all about the free!!!




Cow Family


What a wonderful birthday with my family!! I couldn't wait to celebrate with friends!!

0 comments: