Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Craig's Surprise

Late last week, Craig turned to me and said, "Do you think we could find a sitter for Saturday afternoon?" He wouldn't tell me anymore and I tried not to ask too many questions. We decided to have his parents come up to watch the kids (yeah, we really had to talk them into that) and tie in my birthday dinner with them with their visit. Saturday morning came and I was getting very excited about my surprise. As I was getting ready, Craig told me that jeans would be fine, but I would probably want tennis shoes instead of flip-flops or tevas. I was very curious because it sounded like we'd be moving a bit, but we would be inside. On the way, Craig mentioned that we were going to the public library. I was completely confused - were we going on a tour of the library? What was he planning?



We arrived and found our way to the right room and the mystery was revealed. He had planned for us to take a Latin dance class!!! It was so much fun ~ and free!!! Unfortunately, there were a few more females than males, so the leader wanted the guys to switch off, but we figured that it was our date day, so we chose against switching. We had a blast. We were taught the Salsa and the Bachata. We spent a lot of the time laughing and trying to remember the steps. Since then, we've been able to find a couple of Latin stations at home and have even been able to practice. We are already looking forward to this week's class - the ChaCha and Swing. Anyone want to join us?

1 comments:

Mitzi said...

Oh my, I would love to join you, but I am guessing that if I couldn't talk David in to it before our wedding, there is no way he would do it now. Have fun!!!!