Tuesday, April 21, 2009

What A Weekend

This past weekend I had the wonderful opportunity to go away with four of my college buddies. About four years ago, three of us took a girls' weekend to Myrtle Beach, SC. We had such a great time reconnecting, chatting and simply spending time together. During that trip, someone mentioned that we should have brought our scrapbooking stuff and there brought our idea for our next getaway.

I love my college buddies. There's just something about the time we spent together that truly bonded us together. So, anytime that we have together is truly a treasure. Our plan was for Frances and I to meet our friend Brooke on Thursday night. Then on Friday, we would head over and check into the hotel. We were looking forward to some great scrapbooking.

The trip began with a great drive. Frances and I had about 2 & 1/2 hours to talk. Then we met up with Brooke and we spent a few more hours talking. We finally went to sleep then woke up the next morning and talked some more. We stopped talking to have our individual Bible study times and shower. I realized that the freedom was in that we had no time constrictions, no families waiting for us at home, no other places to be, complete openness. It was wonderful!!

Friday was a beautiful day, so Brooke, Frances and I grabbed some sandwiches for lunch and headed out to a lovely park for a picnic. It was great!! We spent just under two hours talking and eating and talking some more. Unfortunately, my arms got completely burned during that time, but it was worth it. On the way out we got this great picture of the three of us in a field of wildflowers.


Finally, we made it to the hotel and the work began. After a little while, Meredith and Wendy joined us and our room was filled. The one bad thing about the weekend is that we were limited on space, so we couldn't invite everyone. We all had so much fun sharing stories, talking through various struggles and enjoying each other's company. It was an amazing weekend, but not for just the fellowship and the scrapbook I finished, but more importantly the time I had with God while I was there. But that's for it's own post!



I have to say how thankful I am to Craig for allowing me to go, not in the way of giving me permission, but working his schedule out to take care of the kids while I went away. Craig is a great husband and a wonderful daddy. He even "got" to take Xander to work with him on Friday. I'm sure that added something extra to his workday. Xander may be little, but he can still pick up sticks and pine straw in people's yards. All of us were very appreciative of our hubbies for helping this weekend take place!!!

0 comments: