Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Friends and Family

Last week was a pretty laid back week in our house. Our biggest happening was all the preparation that went into Trinity's poster for her "star student" status this week. She got to make a huge poster telling all kinds of things about her. As we emerge into this age of school projects, I have become a huge proponent of letting Trinity do her own projects. I must admit that at times it is a little tough to let go of what I think would look good or be the easiest way to do it and let her do her project. I realize that it might not be the best in the class, but I want it to be hers. So, we sat down over a number of days for her to decide what she wanted on her poster and what pictures she wanted to put up. It took a while, but she finished it in time to take for her star student week on Monday morning.

(Now, here would be a great spot to show you a picture of her completed poster, but I completely forgot, but trust us it was cute.)

We did get to spend a few days with our friends, which was a blast. Xander's buddy, Asher, came over on Tuesday and Wednesday and it was perfect weather to play outside. The boys are so cute to watch play together. At one point, I had three kids (Xander, Asher and Kalyn) on three different swings each crying, "push me higher. push me higher." It was a bit of a juggling act, but they each got into the action.



Thursday, Kalyn, Xander and I got to enjoy a picnic lunch with Craig. That's one great thing about his job! We met him at the house he was working at and got to enjoy and relaxing lunch by their pool. No, we didn't swim, but it was a beautiful scenery. Kalyn was so sweet, because she wanted to bring Craig a chocolate. So she packed up two bite size candies - one for her and one for Daddy. She was so proud of her ability to bring a special treat for him, "since he works so hard."


Friday, Xander and I met our friends at the park after my workout at LifeTime Fitness. A nearby church has an amazing playground and Ivey, Gavin and he had a great time running around. Poor Xander wanted to do everything Gavin did, but Gavin moves a little faster than Xander. As Jennifer and I sat by the only exit spot of the playground, every once in a while, we'd have one come up to us and ask, "Where's Gavin?" or "Where's Xander?" Then about 30 seconds later, whoever was "missing" would turn back up. They had a blast together!!












I'll say it once more - I love our friends (and their kids)!!

0 comments: