Thursday, June 26, 2008

Puppets, Parents & A Performance

Trinity always wants to know what's coming up next - Are we going somewhere today? Am I taking a nap? Is someone coming over? So, when she asked if we were doing anything fun on her way to the breakfast table, I decided to tell her that we were, but it was going to be a surprise. Well, of course, that just threw her questions into high gear. Is it Chuck-E-Cheese? What kind of building is it in? When are we going? What will it we be doing? I'm sure she hated the mystery, but it was a bit of fun for me.

We all loaded up in the car and took the short drive to the Roswell Cultural Arts Center. After a few more rounds of questions, we took our seats in the auditorium. It was then that I announced that we were going to see a puppet show. The center is having a different puppeteer in each week for almost two months this summer. I wasn't sure what to expect - actually, I just expected some story between a few stuffed characters. However, it wasn't like that at all. The puppeteer, Wayne Martin, described his show as a musical variety show. (Check out his website at http://www.waynemartinpuppets.com/.) It was a great combination of hand puppets and marionettes. A fun twist was a couple of the marionettes that split into multiple marionettes. I'm sure that sounds crazy, but he was great. I'd really like to try and make the remaining 4 shows.



Tonight, Craig's parents came up for a weekend visit. I'm heading to the Deeper Still conference with my friends, Jennifer, Beth and Teri and they are going to watch the kids. I am really looking forward to hearing God's Word from some amazing women and sharing in some awesome worship. Plus, it comes at just the perfect time during Craig's trip to Ecuador - in the very middle. I've really been thinking of the 11 days without him as two 4-5 day bits. Five days isn't hard, is it?

Speaking of Craig, I did get the chance to talk to him today. He said that things are going very well. A few people have gotten sick, which is never good on a youth trip, and even worse in another country. He said that their VBSes have been going well. He also said they were heading to a local mall for some shopping for a bit this evening. For those of you praying for the team, let me say thank you! They all appreciate it more than words can express!!


I'd like to pass along a video of a very creative church choir. I love this song in itself, but what this choir did with it speaks volumes. If you have any questions about this video, I'd love to explain to you that God's gift of salvation and forgiveness is just that - a gift. It is not because we have done anything to deserve it. It is simply a gift. Sit back, turn up the volume and enjoy!!

0 comments: