Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful visit with my family during Thanksgiving. It was such a blessing to be able to get together with everyone for the holiday. After a long trip, filled with lots of traffic, we finally made it up to Nashville to begin a relaxing weekend.

We began by celebrating Kalyn's and Xander's birthdays with my parents. Xander received all kinds of fun boy dress up clothes and cool pajamas. He can now be anything from a Power Ranger to a skater to a wrestler to many other things. After two girls of her own and two granddaughters, Mom had lots of fun shopping for little boy stuff!! Kalyn was blessed with tons of books for her Story Reader. She loves any chance to sit down with her book and listen to the stories. My sister gave her a shirt just perfect for her that reads, "I'm a glamour girl"

The turkey day filled my parents' home with family - my sister, Ashley and her husband, Jeff, Jeff's mom and stepfather, my grandmother and my aunt. We had a wonderful visit with everyone. Mom made a truly delicious meal.

Ashley and me with Nanny


Waiting for the yummy food

Nanny took some time to read to Kalyn and Xander

My dad carved the turkey.

Kalyn "set" the table.

I did my annual opening of the canned cranberry sauce.




During our weekend in Nashville, we had couple of opportunities to spend time with Jeff and Ashley. Unfortunately, our schedules are crazy enough that this doesn't happen too often so we were very thankful for the dinner out we got with them.


Xander got to "ride" on Papa's motorcycle (i.e. sit on it while Dad spun it around in the garage). The funny thing is that as soon as my dad put Xander on his motorcycle, Xander asked for his helmet - not just any helmet, his new helmet that he had just received for his birthday. Safety first!!
Saturday morning, we all went to a nearby theater to watch a play of "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No-Good, Very Bad Day". It was wonderful!!! The screenplay added in songs from the book (by the same author) If I Was In Charge Of The World. The kids loved it and stayed almost perfectly still the entire time, their eyes glued to the stage.

It was a great ending to a great weekend. That afternoon, we loaded up the car and headed home. Thankfully, it was a much faster trip home!! I hope that you had a wonderful and thankful holiday.

0 comments: