Monday, November 16, 2009

Kalyn Turns 5

Wow!! I really can't believe that Kalyn turns five today. Five years ago, we were "strongly encouraging" our doctors to induce me and not send me home from the hospital with contractions on a medication that made me pretty much useless. Five years ago we were just entering the realm of more than one child. Five years ago, we welcomed Kalyn Raine into the world. Wow - five years.

I have to say, that normally I am not too emotional of a mom. I was excited when each of my kids hit a new milestone. However, Kalyn turning five seems a little hard for me to fully grasp. I'm not sure why. I guess four still sounds like a little kid and five seems so grown up. Crazy.

Whenever someone says something about Kalyn, I always say that she is a "trip and a half". She lives in an amazing little world of her own. She loves to sing, dance, twirl and generally go. She can make me smile with just a glimpse of her huge grin. She gives great big hugs. She also is advanced in her teenage emotions - she's already said, "You don't love me" and "I want to be a part of someone else's family". She is always trying to keep up with Trinity - whatever Trinity can do, Kalyn has to at least try. Kalyn carries her emotions on her sleeve, not hesitating to shed a tear when her feelings are hurt. She loves her friends and loves her family. She keeps me laughing.

Enjoy our montage of the last year. It's been such fun looking through our last year of pictures and trying to pick out my favorites. What a trip down a short memory lane.


Just in case you missed it last year, here is her montage of the first 4 years.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KALYN!!
We love you very, very much!!

1 comments:

Mitzi said...

I didn't realize how close in age Kalyn and Connor really are. Connor turned 5 yesterday and it hit me hard too.

Happy Birthday Kalyn. Have a great day.