Thursday, February 11, 2010

Pictures

We are fans of The Picture People. One of our friends gave us a portrait club membership with Trinity was born and we have renewed it each year since then. Some times have been tougher than others and right now, we're waiting to discover that amazing photographer who we'll request each trip, but over all, we have been very, very pleased.


Monday night we went to have Valentine's Day pictures and Trinity's birthday pictures taken. Now, I understand that trying to get three children to look the same way and smile all at the same time is quite a feat in itself. Therefore, I usually try to just step back and let the photographer do their magic. This trip was nothing too out of the ordinary. Kalyn kept trying to pose in her own style. Trinity tried to make sure that the other two were in their places (which pretty much kept her from her spot). After every three poses, Xander would ask, "Are we done?" Yep, that's pretty normal. But still, after about 20 minutes of that, I was done.

We finished with the pictures of the three (for Valentine's Day) and Craig took Kalyn and Xander outside with a coloring book and crayons while I stayed in with Trinity's pictures. Trinity was great on her own. So I got to simply sit back and wait. While I waited, I got to watch two families with five children - all coloring nicely, peacefully and quietly. I have to admit that I was just a bit jealous at that moment. Let's just say my kids enjoy a bit more "discussion" with their coloring. Within 30 seconds, the youngest child took and handful of crayons and threw it at one of the older children. I tried not to laugh out loud. But I couldn't help but admire the timing of it all.

So, here are the pictures that came from our trip. Enjoy!



1 comments:

Meredith said...

What sweet pictures and what beautiful children.

Sometimes it's hard to know if the stress of picture taking is worth it. :)