Wednesday, July 9, 2008

What A Week!

My posts seem to be getting further and further apart. Over the past week, it also seems that each time I have "post to blog" on my to-do list, it becomes the last thing to be crossed off - if it is crossed off at all. However, I guess that really is a good thing. It means that life is busy, filled with things going on in our life. The summer has flown by so quickly. It has been jammed packed with youth events, working up at church, playing with the kids, visiting with friends, relaxing and gearing up for the next day. Some days are harder than others. I love my kids, but sometimes they are just a just a tad too much to handle. But, then, just as I'm about to ring their precious little necks, the girls come up from the basement like this -

two beautiful and colorful princesses, dressed for the ball.

My weekend was filled with such blessings. My wonderful husband worked some amazing magic and scheduled a great day of pampering and make-over for my birthday. With the help of a couple of friends, he sent me out for a pedicure, a new haircut and shopping for a couple of new outfits. Then, if that wasn't enough, he brought together a few friends for a Japanese dinner. It was a small group but at this time, it was just perfect.


Tuesday brought a blessing, which allowed me to get together with my friend, Jennifer. Jennifer is heading out to India tomorrow on a mission trip with a small group from our church. This is Jennifer's third trip to India, so she knows what she's in for (for the most part). She is such an encouragement to me in so many ways and I treasure her friendship. I always love to lift up others in prayer and Tuesday was a great opportunity to find out her specific prayer needs and concerns. Feel free to lift up the India team over the next 2 weeks - I know they will all love the additional prayer support. I just can't wait to hear the God stories when she returns!


During the remainder of the week, I'll be preparing to travel to Nashville, TN - my birthplace and the home of my parents, sister and brother-in-law, and grandmother. Usually the kids and I head up there during one of the youth events that Craig goes on during the summer. So, as he and the youth head off to Centrifuge, I'm off to Tennessee. I enjoy the chance to relax a bit and spend time with family. My mom was a school teacher for 20+ years and she always finds fun and educational things for us to do while we're up there. I'm looking forward to visiting everyone and celebrating birthdays (for myself and my dad) and my parents' 40th wedding anniversary. (Actually, their anniversary was June 1, but we all decided to hold on until we could celebrate together.) I'm also looking forward to some time to post about Craig's trip to Ecuador and any other events that have escaped the blog, as of yet. However, it's still a while between now and then. Earlier this week, I told the Trinity and Kalyn that we would go see another puppet show this week and it looks like that's on the schedule for Friday - and that's one thing that Trinity won't forget (now, remembering to keep her fingers out of her mouth is a completely different story).

One quick update - I was just told that I needed to change my settings to allow everyone (even anonymous people) to comment on the blog. Forgive me - I didn't know that setting was set. So, the setting has been changed - let the commenting - from everyone - commence!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for comments! I'm so excited to see you all soon!

Anonymous said...

I wish you a belated Happy Birthday. And thanks for changing that setting.

Bud