Saturday, July 12, 2008

Ending the Week

It's Saturday evening and it's time for a new posting. Tonight's posting comes from Nashville. The kids and I drove up here this morning for a week while Craig heads to Centrifuge with the youth. We've had a fun day today and I'll blog about that tomorrow. But today is a quick look back.

Thursday we got to celebrate my 34th birthday. It was a great day of relaxation and family time. Craig surprised me by taking most of the morning off and we pretty much hung around the house. Kalyn wasn't feeling too well that morning and some friends were over and playing downstairs with Trinity, so we had some fun one-on-one time with Xander. That afternoon, we piled into the car and headed off to a mystery destination, which Trinity was not keen on. We ended up at an AMC at The Avenue in Cumming to watch Wall-E. This theater was great - it's completely digital (sight and sound). Then, we met our friends, Llew, Lisa and Ben, for dinner at Red Robin. YUMMY. As we were walking in, the wait staff was singing happy birthday to another family. Well, that was enough for Trinity - she HAD to tell our waitress that it was my birthday. Happy Birthday, to me.
We ended our week with another puppet show. Trinity became very sad, though as she realized that it would be the last one she would see this summer. She said, "Next week, we'll be with Mimi and Poppa and the next week I'm at the King of the Jungle camp." So, I made sure that she had as much fun as she could at the last show. The puppeteer was Bob Brown who did a marionette show with penguins. All three kids had a blast watching the penguins tap dance, walk across a tightrope and ice skate (just to name a few tricks).
We ended Friday with a fun family movie. Craig grilled out some yummy pork chops and we grabbed some tv trays and started to watch Shek the Third. After we all finished dinner, everyone climbed up on the couch as we snuggled together to watch the remainder of the movie.
The end of the movie brought quite some interesting dance move from the kids.
A great way to end the week. I wish I could say that it ended there, but unfortunately, it was a rough getting the kids to bed. They were so wound up from the movie and dancing and I got more angry than I should have. I think my biggest frustration is when we try to do something fun, a reward for the whole family and it just doesn't stay fun due to fighting, whining or complaining. Urg. But, eventually everything calmed down and later ended the week on a good note.

0 comments: