Monday, July 14, 2008

Nashville News

It's 2 in the afternoon (Central time) and all my kids are quietly in their beds. My mom had to run some errands and dad is at work, so the house is peacefully my own right now. So, it's time to update the blog. I am so excited about filling everyone in on the fun we are having up here.

After the seemingly long trip up here, we finally made it. No, we didn't hit traffic or any major issues, it was just one of those trip that SEEMED much longer that it was. Xander couldn't get comfortable or fall asleep - until about 10 minutes before we stopped for lunch. The girls' headphones for the oh-such-a-blessing DVD didn't work. I got to stop and put oil in my car (but now I know what kind to get and how to put it in). Like I said, not any the huge, just a lot of little trip-lengtheners.

The kids were so excited to see Mimi - she met us out at the garage as we pulled up to the house. Papa arrived home from his motorcycle journey a few hours later and was greeted with the same excitement and thrills.
That evening, my sister Ashley and her husband Jeff joined us for dinner. Then came the really exciting part of the night (for me). I mentioned a few posts ago that I was working on a secret project. Well - it was time for the unveiling! Or, more correctly, the giving. Over the past few months, Ashley and I have been secretly gathering pictures for my parents' 40th wedding anniversary. Through Shutterfly, we put together an album spanning from early childhood, through their courtship and marriage, up until May of this year. We had a blast working on it and we couldn't wait to see them open it up. And yes, they loved it!!! It was also fun going through the album with them and putting names to faces and reliving some of the pictures. Many, many laughs were had that night!!!
Sunday was spent celebrating the openning of a new community center at their church. We had a shortened service in their sanctuary and then all walked outside, around the corner and into the new building. In there, we held a small service of dedication and communion. It was a nice way to open it up! That afternoon, Ashley and I headed out to a nearby outlet mall for some sisterly bonding through shopping. We had a blast just getting a chance to talk and catch up face to face without the "additional conversation" of three small children running around. I love my sister!! Thanks for loaning her out for the afternoon, Jeff.

The kids had lots of fun with Mimi and Papa all to themselves without Mom around! The girls even came up with a "battle cry" for the day. They would both run into a room, one would cry out "PEACE" then the other would cry out, "BE STILL", they would wait for a minute . . . . then run out of the room. Sorry to be the one to post this girls, but if you two are both in the same room, and you're both awake, then there probably is not any peace or stillness. But, most times I wouldn't have it any other way!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a great time shopping with you too! You are a wonderful sister and I wouldn't trade you in for anyone! I love you!