Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Deeper Still & Still Going



Wow! The weekend has flown by so quickly and I can't believe that it's already Tuesday night. The Deeper Still Conference was amazing. I had wanted to take some time to really reflect on what God had taught me during those brief 24 hours. While I took a ton of notes and wrote a lot of things down, I wanted to see what I really, truly remembered. Out of all the things that Priscilla Shirer, Kay Arthur and Beth Moore said, what stuck with me? Now that I'm out of the excitement of the event, what am I holding on to? Well, here are some of my thoughts. I'll probably space this out over a few days, but I'll start here.

The first is the way God works. Over the course of 48 hours (Friday night to Sunday night), I heard two lessons on the depravity of America - how much we need to pray and really strive to make an impact for Christ in during this time. I also heard two lessons about the wilderness and dealing with adversity. My ears always perk up when God says the same thing over and over - especially in a very short period of time. So, I'll be interested to see what's coming my way in the future. One of my favorite verses is John 16:33 - [Jesus says,] "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." Scripture promises that things will not be perfect, we will have struggles. It's good to know that God prepares us, even when we don't recognize it until it's over.

Priscilla Shirer spoke on the wilderness - focusing on Exodus 19, when the Israelites were at Mt Sinai and when Moses went on the mountain to talk with God. One thing she talked about was the location of Mt. Sinai verses the location of the Promise Land. Looking at a map, Mt. Sinai was the furthest point from the Promise Land. God shows up in amazing way when we are often furthest away from what others would view as a spot full of blessings. It's in the wilderness when we should really expect God to reveal Himself. Now I know that my life has been fairly smooth, not perfect, but not rocked by huge problems or difficulties. Part of my saying that "out loud" is to remind myself of this plan when the wilderness does strike.

I'll close with this one last thing. She also did an amazing "rundown" of God in Scripture. It's a bit long, but very much worth the time. Check it out:

In Genesis, He's the breath of life
In Exodus, He is the Passover Lamb
In Leviticus, He's our high priest
In Numbers, the fire by night
In Deuteronomy, He's Israel's Guide
In Joshua, He's salvation's choice
In Judges, He's Israel's Guard
In Ruth, the kinsmen's Redeemer
In 1st and 2nd Samuel, our trusted Prophet
In Kings and Chronicles He is Sovereign
In Ezra, He's the true and faithful scribe
In Nehemiah, the Re-builder of broken walls and lives
In Esther, He's Mordecai's courage
In Job, the timeless Redeemer
In Psalms He is our morning song
In Proverbs, He is our wisdom
In Ecclesiastes, He's the time and season
In Song of Solomon, He is the lover's dream
In Isaiah He is Prince of Peace
In Jeremiah, the weeping prophet
In Lamentations, the cry for Israel Ezekiel, the call from sin
In Daniel, the stranger in the fire
In Hosea, the forever faithful
In Joel, the spirit's power
In Amos, the strong-arms that carry
In Obadiah, the Lord our Savior
In Jonah, the great missionary
In Micah, the promise of peace
In Nahum, our strength and shield
In Habakkuk and Zephaniah, He's brings revival
In Haggai He restores that which was lost
In Zachariah, He's our fountain
In Malachi, He's the Son of righteousness rising with healing in His wings
AND THAT'S JUST THE OLD TESTAMENT
In Matthew Mark Luke and John, He is God and Messiah
In the spirit filled book of Acts, He is the reigning fire from Heaven
In Romans, He is the grace of God
In Corinthians, the power of love
In Galatians, freedom from the curse of sin
In Ephesians, our glorious treasure
In Philippians, the servant's heart
In Colossians, He's God and the Trinity
In Thessalonians, our calling King
In Timothy, Titus and Philemon, He's our Mediator and our faithful Pastor
In Hebrews, the everlasting courage
In James, the One who heals the sick
In 1st and 2nd Peter, our faithful Shepherd
In John and Jude, He's the lover coming for His bride
AND in the Revelation, in the very end, when it's all over, said and done, when time is NO MORE. He is and will always be the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, Prince of Peace, son of Man, Lamb of God, The Great I am, Alpha and Omega, God and Savior He is Jesus Christ the Lord HE IS EVERYTHING THAT YOU NEED

0 comments: