Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Theological 6-Year-Old

We've had the "opportunity" to talk with Trinity about lying. Over the past few weeks it has become more and more of a problem. Little ones, big ones - whatever. It just seems to be getting more and more difficult to distinguish the truth from a "not-truth" with her. So, as my mom was talking with her about telling the truth today, here was one of her responses:


"Well, I can't not tell the truth because if I always tell the truth, then that means I'm perfect like God and Jesus and no one is perfect like them."

While yes, she does has a point, I guess it's almost time to introduce her to Romans 6:1-2 which reads, "What shall we say then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer." Sometimes I think she is just a bit beyond her time.

1 comments:

Whitlamy said...

Michael and I got a good laugh out of this. Trinity is hysterical and quite smart!! Hope you're feeling better.