Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Hand in Hand

A few weeks ago, we attended a Casting Party. It was great!! This was my introduction to the art of casting. I know you're asking, so let me explain. Craig and I went to our friends' house and stuck our hands in a bucket of dental plaster to create an amazing sculpture of our hands. Sounds kind of weird I know, but the idea of having a sculpture of our hands, intertwined, seemed like something I couldn't pass up. I know that this is truly one of a kind and it can't be duplicated. Plus, it was a great opportunity to get together with some of our good friends.














Our wonderful casting party hosts - Chris and Jennifer get ready for their casting
Our first stage is done

Well, this week, we were given the final product.

I am so glad that we did it. It's a visual reminder of how Craig and I are truly one. I'm still trying to figure out the perfect place to put it in our house - Craig suggested hanging it on our front door as our door knocker, but I'm still on the search. The important thing is that I know it is so special to both Craig and me.

3 comments:

Whitlamy said...

Well, that is really cool and looks really good. I have to admit, I was skeptical at first, but wow!

Anonymous said...

That did turn out better than I was thinking! It's great!

David, Christy, Hannah and Jacob said...

I think it looks good right there on the kitchen table! let it be the centerpiece...!

BTW - does your husband do any lawns over in Rivergreen?