Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Girlz InC Kickoff

Last week was a busy week. We had a crazy-busy weekend leading into last week and then it was Trinity's last week of school and time to get ready for our annual Memorial Day camping trip. However, I'm getting ahead our myself. We'll break it out into a few different blogs. Let's start with last Friday.

When Trinity got out of school, Craig and the kids loaded up and headed down to Bowdon. Due to our busy schedule, we had arranged for the kids to spend the weekend with Craig's parents. It worked out wonderfully.

Friday night brought a kickoff to a new ministry for the youth girls at our church - Girlz InC. The InC stands for Identity In Christ. Young women are completely overwhelmed with all types of messages of who they need to be, what they need to look like and what they should be doing. However all of that is so different than what scripture tells us. About a month ago, my friends Paula and Laura and I decided to begin a new ministry which focuses on helping the girls determine who they are, in the eyes of God. We were really excited to start it with a fun slumber party at my house.



We had a blast. We played games, ate yummy goodies, enjoyed some wonderful spa treatments and had a meaningful Bible lesson time. Paula, Laura and I were treated to themed makeovers by the girls (I was rocker, Paula was 80's and Laura was Hollywood). Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) I had to retire early to get some sleep before my 5k run the next morning, but I heard that the late night movie and next morning's breakfast went off without a problem. I'm already looking forward to our next event - a pool party in June.

the girlz

general mingling
playing the "Who Am I" game
Makeovers for everyone

the whole group
breakfast on Saturday morning

0 comments: