Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Scrapbook Weekend!

I am a scrapbooker. I love to take my pictures and put them into a book so I can remember why I took the picture in the first place. I've been scrapbooking since high school. Now, it has evolved over the years. I was even a Creative Memories consultant for a few years, but I think that was really just to feed my habit.


Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of spare time to scrapbook. However, I do have at least one weekend a year, set aside for the simple purpose of scrapbooking. My friends and I take one weekend in January and go off. It's great. I know there are tons of retreats out there that you can pay to go scrapbook with 300 of your closest friends. However, this is not one of them. To be truthful, we're too cheap for that. We rent a cabin, usually at Amicalola State Park and bring one meal to feed the five of us and set up shop for the weekend. We create as much space as we can by moving furniture all over the cabin- who really needs a couch anyway? We also bring tons of chick flicks ad CDs to have something going on in the background. This year, we ran into a little trouble with the TV recognizing the DVD player, so we were without our movies. That just helped me be that more productive, though.
































At the end of the weekend, I felt pretty good. I had gotten all the pictures I had taken into my albums and had begun to journal them. I had completed from October, 2005 through May, 2006. Yep, I'm still a few years behind in being completely caught up, but it is still very enjoyable to do, when I get the chance!

0 comments: