Friday, February 20, 2009

Kooza!!

About a month ago, I got an email from our friend, Llew. He said that he had just send Cirque du Soliel's Kooza show and he wanted to go back and take his wife. Now Craig and I have always been in awe of the Cirque performances we have seen on TV. We were so excited. Until we checked prices. Looking at our budget and what the evening would cost (which included dinner and babysitting), we just decided that we couldn't do it. We were a little saddened, but we felt good about the decision.


Fast forward about a week when I received a second email from Llew. He had found a wonderful website (http://www.atlantaonthecheap.com/ for those of you in the Atlanta area) which posts deals on local events and attractions. Well, one of those deals was Kooza tickets for 1/2 price, if you went during the week. Since weeknights had actually been better for us in the beginning, we jumped on the chance. So, for three weeks, I have been counting down to our Cirque experience.

It did not disappoint!!! It was truly amazing. I have to admit that I was a bit sad when the performers came out for their final curtain calls. The contortionists - I don't think bodies were meant to bend that way (especially after I attempted my first yoga class last weekend) - were unimaginable. The juggler was quite entertaining. The acrobats flipped with such grace and agility . There were tightrope walkers, a unicyclist, a "chair-balancer" (I'm sure he has a formal name, but that's what he did), two men who did the "hamster-wheel-spinny-thing" - to try and put the experience into words leaves so much to be desired and falls so short of the evening. There was always so much to look at - you'd focus on one performer and miss out on something else. The storyline drew me in in such an amazing way. I loved it!! I would love to go again, but really only if I could get the same great deal.








We had an amazing night out with Llew and Lisa. They are two special friends of ours and we treasure their friendship, support and open ears. Great friends, great show, great night - what more could we ask for? We are, without a doubt, truly blessed!!

0 comments: