Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Colorful Theology

I must say that I love to hear what goes through the minds of my children. Okay, let me rephrase that SOMETIMES I love to hear what goes through the minds of my children. Other times, silence is truly golden. Now before I type in the conversation that Kalyn and I had, I do have to give a small shout out to my dear husband, Craig. As I was making some notes to help me remember the details of this conversation, he said, "Are you really going to blog about the twisted theology we're teaching our children?" One answer is yes! The second is, no, we're not really teaching our children this.

While Trinity was in school one day, the remaining four of us headed to LifeTime. Out of the blue, Kalyn throws out a random question and the conversation begins.

Kalyn: Mommy, what do you think we will be wearing when we go to meet Jesus in Heaven?
Me: I don't know. What do you think we'll be wearing.
Kalyn: Pretty dresses.
Me: What will your dress look like?
Kalyn: Mine will have lots of colors - like poka-dots. I think I'll be Ariel (from the Little Mermaid). And I think Trinity will be Tinkerbell. Xander can be Eric - from the Little Mermaid. Daddy can be the other Eric (I didn't know there was another Eric). No, Daddy will be a tree.

I didn't ask what I was going to be. I think after the tree comment, I might have been a little nervous to find out. The truth is, I am very excited to know that Kalyn is looking forward to heading to heaven. We just need to reach the point where that is her decision - to follow Christ. We're working on it, we just need a little more time.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What were you going to be wearing? Where are you?