Friday, August 8, 2008

Silence is Truly Golden (in a house with three kids)

Shhhhhhhhhhhh.


The time is 2:34 on Friday afternoon and the house is completely silent. The only sound I hear is the clicking of the computer keys as I type this quick blog. Wow. Now we are a strong proponent of rest time in our house and around 2 pm everyone lies down for some relaxation (and to give me a semi-chance to gather myself back together and try to make it through the rest of the day). Usually, I hear Trinity tossing and turning until her clock reaches whatever time I told her she could read or Kalyn singing or talking herself to sleep or Xander hitting the edge of his crib and he rolls around in his sleep. But today, nothing. I truly can't remember the last time the house was THIS quiet. I'm going to go enjoy the silence.

0 comments: