Thursday, August 7, 2008

New Excitement

I am so excited! It came last night. I saw this item a couple of months ago and was completely taken aback by it. I did some research, compared it with others like it. Bought one, changed my mind and returned it. Did some more research. Decided to go back to my first instinct. Shopped online and then found a better deal. Ordered it and waited. Wednesday it came. (We saw the UPS truck pulling onto our street as we were leaving for something else.) When we returned home, I had so much fun figuring out all the nuances of it.

What is it, you ask?

It's my new camera and I am (again) so excited about it. It's the Olympus 1030 SW and the amazing features that caught my attention are that it is:

waterproof (down to 33 ft)
shockproof (can be dropped from 6.6 ft)
freezeproof (down to 14 degrees)
crushproof (up to 220 lbs of pressure)
dustproof

If those don't sound like wonderful things for my family, I'm not sure what does. I can't wait to take it on a "test run" with my family. It's smaller than our other camera and has a higher megapixel. I can't wait to show you some of the results - probably coming soon!!

0 comments: