Thursday, June 4, 2009

Tuesday's Happenings

We had seen signs around our neighborhood that the city would be doing construction and turning the water off from 9-4 on Tuesday. So, I was trying to try and be out of the house as much as possible until nap time. Home without water is not somewhere I wanted to be. The day kicked off a second week of swim lessons. It's the last week, but we were excited about showing Trinity's newly-found swimming skills to Miss Grace. I am just continually impressed with how much she keeps trying to improve each session. Kalyn is just simply jumping in with both feet - literally. I've watched her teachers pull her back on the side of the pool, out of the water and bring her away from the steps back to the class. Kalyn just loves the water. While Trinity is trying to slink her way back to the line to jump of the diving board while Kalyn is pushing her way to be first.




Following swim lessons, we picked up some lunch and headed to a nearby park. It was a bit hot, but we had a great time with our picnic lunch and playing on the playground. There was nobody else, so we had the two play sections completely to ourselves. We love this park because it is sightly hidden and off the beaten path. When we're by ourselves, it's like our own private park.




Tuesday night, I had the privilege and honor to take dinner to the family who lost their son a few weeks ago. Even though I don't know they family very well (nothing more than a simple "hello" in the preschool hall), I was looking forward to sharing with this family during this difficult time. I cannot even begin the pain and hurt they are going through. I was glad that I could tell Rhonda how sorry I am for them and that I'm praying for her and their family. I knew I did not have any special words, but I did was to give her some verbal support. It was a hard dinner to take - I usually take dinner for people who's wives are on mission trips or to celebrate a birth. But I was so glad that I did.

0 comments: