Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A Day of Celebrations

Saturday was a wonderful day for me. It was a busy day - actually only a busy 4 hours, but it was a great 4 hours. It began with a baby shower in the morning for our dear friend Lisa. Little Geof is growing, but still oh-so tiny. He is just adorable, though. We had a blessed time of fellowship and celebrating Geof's arrival.

Lisa, Geof and me


From there, I headed back home to pick up Craig and the kids and head over to our second graduation party. We were so excited for Luke as he walked across and got his diploma. He's been such an active member of our youth ministry for a long time and it has been a true joy to watch him grow in so many ways. Congrats Luke!!

the family with Luke


Unfortunately, we could only stay for about 15 minutes at his party as we had to head back home, unload Craig and the kids so I could head to my second baby shower of the day for Emily. Emily is the daughter of our music minister and financial secretary at church. I am great friends with her parents and was so excited to celebrate the upcoming arrival of her first child, a son - due on July 11 (one day after my birthday). It was another great time with friends. I love these days!!
Emily and her mom, Lynne

0 comments: