Monday, October 6, 2008

Xander's Birthday

Today, our youngest turned two. I remember welcoming him as I tried to fight the drugs that had been given to me to knock me out and hopefully calm down the contractions. I remember the joy, excitement and wonder as we arrived in the world!

As he grows and reaches new milestones, I have been asked if I am sad about him getting older. I feel about the same was as I have with my two older girls. I have to answer, "Not really." I loved when he was a baby and I could just hold this precious new life in my arms. I love this stage that he is currently in. I am also looking forward to the next stage he'll be in and watching him experience new things. Growing up is just a part of life. Sure, I can sit here and dwell on how quickly he'll be jumping on the bus kindergarten or heading on his first youth trip or enjoying his first high school football game, but why? I want to enjoy where he is, to take it in, to love where we are together right now.

Below, I have put together a video montage of his first two years. If you have some time, hit play and sit back (it's just under 6 minutes). I have enjoyed putting it together and looking back to see how he as grown.




Happy Birthday, Xander!!!!
We love you!!

0 comments: