Saturday, October 18, 2008

Theological Thoughts of A Three Year Old

The car is always a great opportunity for some interesting discussions. Here was one the Kalyn and I had coming home from some errand running (with Kalyn in this story, you know it's gotta be good) -

Kalyn: Mommy, you need to change my calendar. (stay with me)
Me: No I don't sweetie, it's not the end of the month.
Kalyn: What happens at the end of the month?
Me: Nothing really. That's just the time we change the calendar.
Kalyn: Is Jesus coming down at the end of the month?
Me: I . . . don't think so.
Kalyn: But why does Jesus always stay up there, in heaven, and He doesn't come down here? I want to see Jesus!!
Me: Well . . . to see Jesus, you have to die and have decided to follow Him.
Kalyn: (after a slight pause, but said with great conviction) I have decided to follow Him. I want to follow Him. (another slight pause) Why am I STILL here? I WANT TO SEE JESUS!!!! (Now add a few tears to the conversation.)

I continue on to tell her if she was in heaven with Jesus, that I (and Xander and Trinity and Daddy) would miss her very, very much. We then move into a "game" where she would add one person to the heaven group and who would miss them then.

I simply and humbly pray that her desire, her cry to see Jesus and be with Him will just grow stronger as she grows. Then I think, when was the last time I cried out, with such conviction, want and tears, to see Jesus, just to be in His presence?

Truly I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child will not enter it at all.
Mark 10:15

0 comments: