Monday, January 12, 2009

Trinity's Teeth

So, I'm still in the process of filling the blog with various events of December and this one deserved it's own special blog. There was no way that this could have been as a piece of another entry.

We had been watching Trinity's bottom tooth get looser and looser over the past month or so. It was just a matter of time before it came out. Even before the first two teeth came out, the next teeth could be clearly seen pushing through. On December 9, Craig and I decided to try and talk her into letting Craig pull it out, so it wouldn't come out at school or elsewhere. (Plus I really wanted to be there when it came out and with my crazy December calendar, I was afraid I'd miss that special moment.) It took a little bit of talking her into it and there were a few nervous tears shed, but she allowed Craig to get her tooth.









After it was all over, she was given her special tooth pillow. This was truly a joint effort - our friend, Jennifer, did the embroidery, Craig's mom actually sewed on the pocket and I simply put it all together. Trinity was quite surprised and was so excited to have a special place to put her tooth.


Now, you may remember from earlier blogs that Trinity had two teeth start to loosen within a couple of weeks of each other. Well, on December 22, she lost her second tooth. And when we say lost, we really mean lost. That afternoon, as I was brushing her hair, she was showing me just how loose it was. I thought, "We really need to go on and pull that out." However, I was on my way to the final handbell concert and we didn't get to it. After dinner, Craig said, "Well, the tooth was there when she began to eat, but not there when she finished." Yummy.

So now, Trinity has officially lost two teeth and her top two are now loose. We have dentist appointments for the girls this month, so we'll see how her tooth health is coming!

0 comments: