Sunday, July 11, 2010

No Kids Week

Following our weekend of camping, we had scheduled for the kids to spend almost a week with Craig's parents. It sounded like a great idea as we were planning for it, but as Craig and I drove home in a very quiet truck, I couldn't help but have a bit of mixed emotions. I was excited about the free week with Craig, a chance to serve at one of our local ministries and open lunches with friends, but I had a feeling it would be a very quiet week without the kids. They were to be gone almost an entire week. I didn't expect the slight twinge of missing them, but I did.

Craig and I tried to make the most of our week together. We decided to do some work in the girls' room. We weren't looking to do a major overhaul, but just a few small changes. Here's their beds as the week began - well, after I cleaned up their room:


And here's the completed project at the end of the week.

I thought it looked pretty good and the girls enjoyed it when they came home. Kalyn was very excited about her "big bed", Trinity loved the new sheets (trust me, they're there) and they both loved their names on the wall.

Most of our free nights were spent at the movies. We hit the local dollar theater Tuesday night for $.75 movies and caught two movies (Date Night and Clash of the Titans). We also enjoyed some super yummy TCBY. This was a favorite treat when I was growing up in Orlando which I haven't had in years. It was fun introducing Craig to such a yummy treat.

Then, one of my dear friends, Pam, sent me a link to two free passes at a new theater near our house. We visited that theater twice (Despicable Me and Knight and Day). So that makes four movies for a grand total of $1.50. Loved that deal!!
We wrapped up our week with a little birthday party for me. We had a small little gathering of great friends. We ate delicious burgers, played a couple of hilarious rounds of Catch Phrase (until the batteries died) and then feasted on another summer treat of an ice cream cake (one made of just ice cream and crunchies in the middle, no real cake). Thanks my friends, for making my birthday so special!
Yummy, yummy ice cream cake



0 comments: